The stage has been set for both the neighbors to fight it out to register their dominance at the international circuit. On one hand Indians would be hoping to repeat the history when they turned out to be the better side in 2011 World Cup. But at the same time Sri Lankan army would not let this opportunity go in vain as they would like to heal the wounds of 2011 and relive the 1996 world cup days. Anyway, we as cricket aficionados are going to witness a cracker of game tonight.
Let’s find out the top five players to look out for, in the World T20 final.
1) Virat Kohli: There’s no need for any introduction. He has already made it large. His dominance over the 22-yard strip has been in discussions for the past 3-4 years now. This tournament has given us some beautiful moments from the bat of Kohli as he has been in phenomenal form, registering another half century while chasing South Africa’s total in the semi-final. His performance in the finals would have a major impact upon the result of the game, one would be certain.
2) Kumar Sangkara: Sri Lankan legend who has announced his retirement from the shortest format of the game would be a crucial factor in his last T20 match. He is yet to perform in this tournament and thoughts of playing his last T20 innings may motivate him enough to showcase his heroics for which he has been known.
3) Yuvraj Singh: The T2o specialist from India has done it in just one match. Referred to be a big match player, Yuvraj’s best is yet to be seen by the cricketing world this season and his hands must be itching to perform according to his reputation. Thoughts of playing the finals may just boost up his dwindling confidence.
4) Ravindracharan Ashwin: Dhaka is going to provide a spinner friendly wicket and in such conditions, Ashwin’s role becomes important as he produced a classical display of spin bowling in the semifinals with 3 wickets in his kitty for just 22 runs off 4 overs. Meanwhile his delivery to Hashim Amla was hailed by Adam Gilchrist as the T20 ball of the century. Hoping for some spin magic from Ashwin.
5) Rangana Herath: Sri Lankan maestro who produced a gem of a spell earlier in this tournament will be an important factor in the match. He is in brilliant form and would like to continue with the same vein of form in the finals too. Indians may find him a strong hurdle in their way to become world Champions again.